c

Thursday, August 17, 2006

curb your enthusiasm

Got propositioned today. By a middle-aged Asian man. (Like, what's new?)

[Qs asked by said man which provoked (undetectable and perhaps unwarranted) "fuck you" and/or "you gotta be kiddin' me" reactions:
- Who are you closer to, your mum or your dad?
- What's your Chinese horoscope?
- How important is money to you?
- What's the best thing about yourself?
- What's the worst thing about yourself?]

Not an entirely disagreeable proposition though. So I set out to construct a pros-v-cons list to help with the decision-making process. Until I realised that it's not so simple and clear-cut, that something can be either a pro or a con or both depending on which of my multiple personalities is dominant at any given time. For instance:

The office has similar deco to my lab (= dodgy carpet, cramped spaces, little natural lighting)! Which is not necessarily indicative of its profitability: Azns are notorious for their wealth-concealing skills.

The firm has 'more Chn clients than it can adequately service at the moment'. Translation: "we need a go-between" or "we'd like to make more $ off them helpless buggers" - either will involve me being pimped out, I suspect. (Again, what's new?) I'm thinking, I already deal with so much Azn drama, I may as well get paid for it, yeah? But then, I suspect that I'm not exactly the poster-child for the next-gen CBA (Chn-born Australian). And one would have to be, or at least pretend, in order to thrive in this line of work.

But living less than 400km from the nearest sibling is a Definite Plus. As is the long-enough-to-learn-not-long-enough-to-get-bored comfort of a 2-yr commitment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home