c

Thursday, June 29, 2006

no free lunch

scatterbrain / you've been crying in the rain
you've been drowining in your pain / ain't gonna die
do the right thing / win or lose / don't confuse / wednesday's child
walk on by me / don't deny me / anytime

Wednesday's Child - Emiliana Torrini

I was born on a Wednesday. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Meanwhile, just dug out Shania Twain from the <Embarrassing, Hide> corner of my CD collection and put it on. Help!

Because I had sweet-talked the Hard-Boiled Egg into setting up the equipment for my next set of experiments, I heeded his demands for a free Chn lesson plus use of my superbly formatted CV (to say nothing of its content) as a template for his. Which I had no problem with, until he started coming in every 5min to either ask a Chn-related question or bicker about my superior BS-ing abilities. Nothing more unattractive than whinging men.

All this shows is that I too am not above a little manipulation. Gripe as I might about the unwanted attention of HBE or The Stalker or the like, I have no qualms asking any of them for a favour - however large - whenever I need one, without losing any sleep. Tut tut, the heartlessness.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home