c

Saturday, June 17, 2006

new shop in town

And it doesn't look like a meat market. (What I've termed the Meat Market isn't entirely one either; I just project.) It is, however, immediately adjacent to this Chn restaurant frequented by my folks and all their friends. How convenient. I can bum a lift next time they have a get-together. *nervous laugh*

I am, of course, referring to sKandalous (feel free to puke at the name; I did). It opened last weekend and tonight was the first of its weekly ladies-only thingamajigs. Already scepticism abounds re its prospects of survival; to be expected I suppose (though I steered well clear of such dull conversation). It got to be pretty packed when we left, so, not a lost cause yet.

Noted:
  • upstairs dancefloor: fuelling my not-entirely-irrational fear of collapsing suspended dancefloors
  • leather sofas: ideal for losing one's needles in
  • make-out booths: neither comfy nor discreet (unenclosed and well illuminated)
  • lots of new faces: reassuring to know that not the entire community lurk at the MM
Still wobbly with the cold, and still have one entire unit to learn in four days. But decided to drag myself out there before being overtaken by Existential Crises yet again. So cheers to the Amazing Girl Engineer who invited me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home