c

Sunday, November 05, 2006

in between nightmares

I kissed someone last night. It was nice. Except I can't remember whether it really happened or was only a dream. I can't. She was there, and then she wasn't. It was that kind of a night. It's that kind of a relationship. Doesn't matter. If it happens again I'll be more ... alert.

And then I was helping a friend put on her bra. She was hospitalised (before, not after) and couldn't do it herself, so it wasn't like that. But that had to be a dream because next thing, I was picking out a new bra for her at the shops. Now I can't speak for everyone of my disposition, but mentally gauging a friend's cup size is not something I do a lot of while conscious.

What's my brain trying to tell me? Buggered if I know.

Meanwhile, I can't believe that there are still members of the Inner Posse unfamiliar with my marital status. Have I not bragged enough about my sweet caring fabulous husband? Obviously not.

Steaked out with him last night in lieu of slightly belated b'day celebrations. Also there were his HB, brother, housemate the Beautiful Chocolate Man, BCM's gf, and DJ Goddess. I'm getting the hang of this being-the-only-non-Mormon-at-a-social-gathering thing. All part of the package I signed on for, you could say.
Out of the blue he said, in front of everyone, I'll stay home with the kids so she can go out there and make lotsa money. Shocking. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment.
Also ran into someone I'm always-wanting-to-see-until-after-5min-in-her-company. Yes I have issues. <= which sentence is omitted from the end of most of my paragraphs purely to avoid repetition and clutter.

After scamming an extra complimentary b'day mud-cake and all getting lei'ed, we wandered about Nthbridge a bit. A few streets, mainly the Azn-intensive ones, were closed off to traffic for some kind of festival ostensibly dedicated to gymnasts acrobats cheerleaders flame-spitters whip-crackers underage-pole-dancers. It was great! The crowd consisted of:

  • confused dispossessed Azns;
  • folks normally too scared to come to Nthbridge on a w'end night;
  • grumpy grr-stupid-street-closure-we-had-to-walk-5min-in-our-heels-and-non-clothing clubbers; and
  • tourists (under which category we fell on this occasion, what with our leis and the boys doggy-backing each other [get your mind outta the gutter, not the other kinda doggy-backing] to see the pole dancers).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home