c

Saturday, October 21, 2006

breadth reduction

This post came into existence solely so I can have the above phrase appear on this page. But since I'm here anyway...

As of yesterday I no longer get to answer cryptically "freelance lab-rat" when asked what I do for $$$.

It feels like coming out of a long and tortuous relationship that ended long after it should have. Not that I have the slightest idea what long-term relationships look like; but I imagine they're all much the same (no offence to anyone reading); and then again that could just be me channeling Queen of Bitter.

I will always be grateful for these 3 yrs, because
  • It is extremely unlikely (though one can always hope) that I'll ever stumble upon another organisation willing to hire such underqualified ppl (meaning myself, not colleagues).
  • I realised that I don't belong in Science, or maybe Science doesn't belong in me - in so many ways. Which I always suspected, but had to make sure, 'cos how could I hastily dismiss the only thing in which I have the smallest aptitude (meaning bluffing/fudging, not sciencing). Oh wait, I haven't passed it up, look where I'm going...
  • Academics... what can I say, they make absolutely no sense, yet I understand them completely. Scary, really.
  • I found Other Mother.
So, time for self-imposed house arrest. Could be a tad embarassing to fail final semester and have to explain that to prospective employer. And at the moment that risk is 'real and substantial', as opposed to 'far-fetched and fanciful'. <= would you believe the junk that passes for 'legal tests'...

Also - impulse shopping: n. a hereditary condition of disparate manifestations.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home