c

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

what-a-closet

I am feeling down, and hoping that writing this will distract me awhile, even if not amuse or uplift. If you find some pleasure herein, write something to make me smile - I'm running a tad low on that.

By the heading I'm not, at least not consciously, suggesting that my life is in some kind of metaphoric lavatory; (I feel that) it's nowhere near one. Actually I'm being literal for a change, with the heading. What follows is an exposé of the shortcomings, perceived by me, of being gaysian - alternatively titled: "eight (of many more) reasons why I don't feel completely at one with the Community".

  1. I like having long hair. I'm sure I wouldn't mind having short hair either, if I ever get my act together enough to book a hairdresser. I just haven't any special affinity for that spiky black-with-blonde-highlights I-wannabe-Shane-from-TheLWord "boys don't bother" do sported by every other girl in the Community. Except when it's on Shane, of course.
  2. My wardrobe is not dominated by men's wear. Moreover, the few items of men's clothing which happen to be in my possession (mostly via mysterious channels unknown to me), I do not wear out on weekends.
  3. My personal philosophy on eye make-up: [a] less is more; and [b] unlike in many other contexts, black is not suitable-for-all-occasions.
  4. Less than 80% of my social network overlaps with the Community. I like the Community people I know, and meeting new ones. But I also appreciate the small yet rare luxury which comes with not-being-fully-integrated(-yet): of not being introduced as, or to someone who is, so-and-so's ex/current/prospective.
  5. My means of stress/boredom relief do not include smoking. And as seductive as I find the way certain girls roll up tobacco in little squares of paper, it would take a helluva lot more before I let one smoke in my car/house.
  6. I don't look upon "dirty bisexuals" with contempt and suspicion; not even the ones who turn out really to have been "only in transition".
  7. I like hanging out with boys, including the not-so-camp/-fabulous (read: straight) ones. They (generally) don't patronise intimidate frustrate agitate me. Who knows, I might even find one to fall for some day.
  8. I can: be obscene without using naughty words; express affection without raising my voice or excessive bodily contact; get in and out of a public toilet in under 10min; crack onto someone without the help of alcohol; ... Hehe.

I should probably apologise for sounding horribly shallow, ignorant, bigoted, stereotyping, inflammatory, antifeminist, misogynistic, or worse. But ha! Maybe I am all of the above. If not all at once, then definitely a bit o' this and that at any given moment.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home