c

Monday, January 01, 2007

back and forth

My extraordinary talent for bad timing continues to perfect itself. Harsh words escaped whence tenderer ones remained trapped. Tears ran amuck. Pent-up anguish exploded in undignified and unsatisfying ways. All on a night which should have belonged to joviality (or at least substance-induced memory loss).

Mishaps like the above aside, I take no particular liking or disliking to NYEs. Have had my share of good ones; though the duds are always more memorable and noteworthy. Like the time I closed up @ the Sunflower then drove around the back roads of KP until midnight. Or the time I showed a 6yo N 'the real' Cottesloe beach.

I don't see my close friends nearly enough on NYEs. Because I have this notion, irrational or not, that they'd rather do something else. And since I don't need to hang out with randoms merely for the sake of not-being-alone, I am often left with few options. Yet somehow, most years, I end up somewhere mildly entertaining.

Tonight, I could have joined:
[a] an orgy (or, more realistically: witnessed one)
[b] some mates in Northbridge
[c] a polyamorous relationship (unrelated to [a])
Why did I choose to stay home and pick a fight instead. *face in palm*

Before the swelling around my eyes subsides along with my pettiness, before I surrender again to the grandeur of Life and the healing/eroding power of Time, I must bid adieu to 2006. A year dominated by immaturity, neglected by romance and intellectual advancement, saved by fascinating new friendships and deepening old ones, and topped off with the unexpected revelation of a conceivable career path. A year of non-saving, pig slaughtering, all-nighter uni assignments, one-way love-hate mail, being gaysian and meeting same, crying and laughing more than ever before ... A year hopefully to be followed by a no less eventful one.

Unlike my anti-ritualist fellow blogger, I've made a few real NY resolutions:
  1. Give less, take more
  2. Save up $15,000
  3. Lose 5kg
  4. Learn 3 performable guitar pieces
  5. Find 50 more films to like
  6. Own real property
  7. Spend more time reading than eating
  8. Win my first case
  9. Avoid emotionally unavailable people
  10. Fall in love
Will keep y'all posted throughout the year re: my progress with these. If I manage 7+ out of 10, you'll all buy me drinks this time next year, won't ya?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home