c

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

splash

Things To Do More Often #49: swim in the ocean.
(Above is NOT brought to you by watching late night re-runs of Lost.)

I am not the most elegant swimmer. Before coming to Oz, despite years of summer splashes at Gulangyu beaches, I never learnt to swim. Later, despite years of weekly laps at the local pool to help with my probably psychosomatic asthma, I still can't 'float' without making horizontal displacement (I'm sure there's a technical term for this ... water polo style?). So the superior buoyancy of sea water is an attraction, though of course not the most exhilarating one.

City Beach with the Albanyan and her best mate this eve. The Alb and I are taking our relationship to the next level and meeting each other's friends, hehe. The weather was perfect, the rips a little crazy, but if the 7yo in Bratz bikini frolicking 10m away could handle it, I wasn't going to go down without a fight.

Also, lunched with OM at our usual place. No more o' this next year boohoo. Call me old-fashioned, but women over 40 should not be allowed to look that good. Call me old-fashioned again, but there's something disturbing about a mother recounting with pride her teenage daughter's romantic exploits. O_o

Was offered an interview with an Albany firm yesterday. Not the one I'd applied to, by my recollection; my guess is that rejected applications from that other firm got passsed around. Anyway, got me thinkin' what I'd have done if I'd been offered something in Albany before SB. I'd be getting ready for Albany, in all likelihood. There's no such thing as the right choice, and there'll always be regrets whichever way. But far more importantly - Joy paves each of our chosen paths, and Chance works in mysterious ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home