c

Sunday, October 14, 2007

all pried out

Want crap verse? There's more than 1 place to get it.

Whereas Zhou Muyun found a tree with a hole
You found me
I am a keeper of secrets
Some not my own
And of those, few solicited, fewer savoured

Well I am no hole in a tree
It knows not to soothe, distract, make light of, …
The way I do
Why else would you have insisted on sharing
When there are more trees than there is me

Yet I would be content as a tree
To be used once and forgotten
Amidst a forest of more like me
But no rest for the wickedly gifted
For as your plight is chronic, mine is on shuffle+repeat

Measure success by the company one keeps
Then I'd feel far from accomplished
Either you want something I don't have
Or I need something you can't give

Too long I've been a dumping ground for all emotional garbage
My heart a wasteland

For every weight lifted
Every crisis averted
Where are you when I'm weak
True I do not let on, seldom speak
But if you delight in my reading your mind so much
How 'bout a little mutuality

Of course not everyone need covet the privilege
This mind isn't for all to poke and peek
Think what you like if you don't hear back from me
I could be busy
Away
Sick
Or fresh out of conversation topics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home